Time Saving Tips & Tricks in SolidWorksBeaconIndiaComments off.
- Holding CTRL Key while creating sketches stops adding Geometrical relation to the sketch
- You can use the “S” key to launch the shortcut bars, which contain lots of common tools.
- SHIFT Key snaps geometry to Grid snap Increments
- Press CTRL Key again to bring back the Sketch relations for multiple items
- You can add Arc length to sketches by clicking 2 End points + Arc
- You can use the “Alt” key to bring up the drop down menus, and navigate by keying in the underscored letters.
- Angle between points
- Undo Trim by dragging over last point trimmed
- You can also use the Right Click menus to launch commands.
PART MODELLING TECHNIQUES
- Delete Face can remove face while preserving surrounding geometry
- Search Bar in the feature Bar allows you to Filter any Sketch, Feature, Plane Etc…
- You can freeze features to exclude them from rebuilds of the model.
- Move Face can Translate geometry without effecting Feature History
- You can create copies of fillets, chamfers, and holes, Hold Ctrl while dragging the icon from the Feature Manager design tree onto another edge or face.
- At www.3DContentCentral.com, you can find lots of user submitted SolidWorks models, from off the shelf supplier parts like, motors, gears and valves and more, You can also find things like sketch blocks, design library features, and macros, Macros can really save you a lot of time. To use a macro, first download it to a location on your hard drive or write a Macro
Area Hatch/Fill with Different COLORS
This is the default section view which we get using Section-view. To modify this, Click on the Section View to get Area Hatch/Fill properties. Unselect Material crosshatch and Select None option Click Ok.
Hatch Lines With same colour:
- Enable Layer tool Bar
- Click on the icon and a pop-up appears -> click on new -> save the new layer with desired colour & select ok.
- Select the newly created layer before selecting the regions where hatch is to be applied. Click on Area Hatch/Fill , Select Boundary option under Area to Hatch & select the sections manually to which Hatch is to be applied.
If the Hatch Lines are to be of different colors:
Click on Area Hatch/Fill –>Select Region option under Area to Hatch –> select the sections manually to which Hatch is to be applied –> Click OK.
The following appears on at the bottom of the window
Select the region of which the colour needs to be changed and click on ‘Line Colour’ and select the desired colour.
To change the colour of the line:
Select the Line of which the colour needs to be changed and click on ‘Line Colour’ and select the desired colour.
Resulting Section view:
Posted in: blogs